Saturday, September 17, 2011

Adele

I never actually thought I would be the kind of person who would sit around and think about what my role was in the universe, but I've been doing a lot of that lately. Of course wallowing in self pity requires the right kind of music. Something that reminds you of all the ridiculous and well, reckless decisions in your life.

I stumbled upon Adele's concert in Soho and found the perfect songs. Apart from the fact that it is fabulous wallowing music it is also musically fantastic. Her husky, deep vocals take you to dusky bars with dim lighting and the old piano tucked into a corner. 

The first song Fool that I am as originally sung by Etta James. I've listened to both versions and somehow this version seems more raw and honest. Take a bath, pull out a bottle of wine, close your eyes and sit back. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

 

The second one is called Crazy for You. Apart from the fantastic vocals, the lyrics are also quite nice and most times quite apt. Love the simplicity of the guitar juxtaposed with her wide ranging vocals. Enjoy!

 P.S: Both versions are not off the live version I have been listening to but they are as good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment