Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011, I hope we never meet again.

To put it mildly, 2011 was nothing short of crap. I did however find solace in the fact that when you hit rock bottom the only way you can go is up.

A lot of the time it felt like I needed to do something drastic, move to a new place and start afresh. Ruined projects, lost love and whole lot of nonsense later I did exactly that.

I now live half an hour away from the beach with a pool in my backyard. In the evenings I can sit outside and watch the sun melt into the river, its hot, golden glow envelope everything around me. Though change as inviting as it sounded then can also be petrifying. There is a lot that needs to end now so the new year is something I can look forward to. 

As Imogen Heep so aptly puts it

"All I want only one street level miracle
I'll be an out and out born again from none more cynical"




 Because when she sings a stripped down version it sounds as magical


No comments:

Post a Comment