Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On being loved and sharing it



Some weeks are meant for you to stay in bed, lock the doors and hide all sharp objects. I have successfully managed to get a burned arm, a bruised knee, a busted ankle and its only tuesday. I would have put up a long rant about how the world is collapsing on my shoulders and that there is no hope for me etc if it hadn't been for Haathi who has nominated me for the Liebster blog award.
The last time I won a trophy was when I was eight. I showed up at a friend's cricket themed birthday party in a pink (and ridiculously) fluffy dress and walked away with a little cup saying woman of the match. I also got the birthday boy out. He is now a professional cricket player, yes he will never live it down. One of my finer moments. 
What I'm trying to get at is that I walked around with a smug grin on my face swishing my fluffy dress at anyone who crossed my path feeling quite proud of myself. If I had a dress like that I have a feeling my reaction to the news would pretty much be the same.
The thing about the award is that I must, in turn nominate five others so as to spread the love. So here goes:
Bottled Reggolb:  His Tim Burtonesque illustrations never cease to amaze and delight me. I'm not sure how many times people have caught me rubbing my hands together and chuckling evilly while reading his blog. We share a love for old jazz, laid back blues and all else suave and fancy. This is for you:
Vince kidd presents last train home in tribute to Etta James:

Pickled prawn: Her subtle, left of center illustrations are so much fun. All about people, life, reminders and the little things. I'm not sure what we share musically but her blog leads me to think about the song lights out words gone by the Bombay Bicycle Club. I did a post about this band not quite knowing much about them, this by far my most favourite song. Things just get better when the video is this good.

He drew that: And that and all of this stuff on the wall. His minimalist Illustrations, those bold swipes of colour all his signature styles.
Our relationship with music is so random its great fun. We have gone from smooth jazz to techno all in one conversation. 
I don't put enough Hindi music in this blog and when I watched the video to this song all I could think of was the both of us tripping out to it. For Deboo we have the song Beedo from the film Gulaal, a new favourite album of mine.

Hungry?: Well then it would probably be best if you avoided this blog like the plague. Her cooking tastes as good as it looks(yes, I've eaten a whole lot of it) not to mention her vibrant and fun illustrations. It's the best pick me up on a gloomy day. Make sure you're eating something while reading though it could leave you gnawing at your keyboard.
Our musical journey started on the college bus with me pretty much shoving my ipod in her face every morning. We would harmonize occasionally to pass the time and every now and then we share our latest fix. Strangely enough we discovered Soley at the same time. So here it is: Smashed birds, Another great video.

What Kaveri sees: I have nothing more to say except that she "paints a tiny universe of talking ink". Its all so loverly. It's great to wake up to a blog that illustrates how you feel occasionally. I stumbled upon this great song by Champagne Coast called blood orange and somehow always reminds me of her blog when I watch it. Another phenomenal video enjoy!

Right, that was hard. Here is just a glimpse of what I do when trawling the internet. This also means you spread the love to five other bloggers like yourself! Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
  1. Thank the one who nominated you by linking back
  2. Nominate five blogs  with 200 or fewer followers
  3. Let your nominees know by leaving a comment on their sites
  4. Copy and paste the award image on your site

2 comments:

  1. Thank you maƱana! (it just autocorrected your name to that! looks cooler)
    I think your blog does a lot of good! :D It keeps us happy and it makes sure we come back! love.

    ReplyDelete