Thursday, December 30, 2010

feeling good

My Grandma was here yesterday and for some beautiful reason she felt like giving me a present. I now am the proud owner of a Bose ipod dock. Apart from the fact that it has the most amazing sound quality I have ever heard in a dock it is sleek, beautiful and plain sexy.

My family and I spent the most part of the afternoon going between fiddling with the system and trying not to drool over it. My grandmother turned her hearing aid up for the occasion and watched, highly amused as we made complete idiots of ourselves. 
I am still breaking into giggling fits.

Of course there was the question of the first song. I'm very superstitious about what I play first on any new sound equipment. I feel as if it will give my sound system/headphones etc. character thus shaping the quality of the rest of the music played on it. 

The salesman tried playing an eagles song on it while testing the system and I threw quite the fit ( I also nearly assaulted him with the stapler) so he played me some flamenco instead. I am however going to be silly and not count it.

So, the first song I have ever played on my new sound system is: The mighty bop remix of the song 'feeling good' from the album 'Nu Jazz Vibrations'. This album is a two CD compilation that gathers together 40 of the best Nu Jazz tracks around. Nu Jazz mixes Jazz textures with Electronica/House music with a focus on the songs themselves (substance over style) and has been one of the fastest growing of Electronic genres for at least 10 years. This double CD compilation features tracks from Shazz, Chinese Man, Diana Krall, DJ Cam Quartet, Michael Buble, Sarah Vaughan and Jill Scott and has been on repeat in my ipod for the longest time. It is at present, my favourite album and there isn't a song on it that I don't like. This album is a bit like the perfect jacket, It's warm and looks good on every occasion. You can listen to this album while working/cooking/lying around at home or you could put it on when you have guests over and suddenly everything is posh.


Apart from the lyrics being apt the song has a great groove to it. You can put it on and go about your day feeling great and looking fabulous(songs do that to you sometimes) enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment