Thursday, January 5, 2012

Midnight kitchen cravings and talks on travel

The nice thing about having guests over is all the new music playing of your dock when you get home. Of course there is always a substantial amount of stuff I cant relate to but when someone like Ratmeister comes home there is always bound to be something interesting.

Two glasses of wine later we settled into my sex couch to catch up on the hectic week that was. After much giggling the conversation gradually drifted to music that we listen to when we travel.

It didn't occur to me until last night but I realised I have a song for every city I enter. The song also depends on my mode of transport. Some rhythms slide smoothly into the groove of the train or vocals that match the scenery you see. It might all be humbug but I feel like the music sets me in the mood of whats to come.

Last night the Ratmeister shared a song that he would listen to every time he got in to Bombay. Something about Bonobo is so ambient that it lets you zone out to the sights and sounds of everything around you. I could almost feel the sweat trickling down the back of my neck, the people crowding VT station, their freshly bathed bodies adding to the heady smells of the waking city.
I will make this a song to somewhere.

Eyesdown Featuring Andreya Triana, from the bonobo album Black Sands. Enjoy

p.s: This isn't the whole song but I found the video extremely interesting. To listen to the full version click on the video below this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment